Table of contents
- Before adding a checkbox in Excel
- Add checkbox in Excel
- What about other Excel version?
- Excel checklist and link a checkbox to a cell
*Click images to enlarge
Before adding a checkbox in Excel
To insert a checkbox in Excel, if you have not already done so, you must first add the developer tab to the ribbon. What’s the developer tab and what’s the ribbon you can check our tutorial How to add the developer tab in Excel?
Add checkbox in Excel
On the developer tab click “Insert”, and select Check Box under Form Controls to insert the checkbox in Excel.
The checkbox symbol in Excel is the same for all version its look like a tick
What about other Excel version?
For all other versions of Excel, it’s pretty much the same thing just the place of the menu Insert change. The below figure shows how to insert a checkbox in Excel 2010 to Excel 2016.
Excel checklist and link a checkbox to a cell
You can add an Excel checklist or insert a multiple checkbox by :
- Doing the same steps as adding a single checkbox and repeating the same process in every cell or simply you can use a macro
- Or insert one single checkbox and put the cursor in the bottom right of the cell and move to any cells you want to add a checkbox in it.